Has back pain been compromising the quality of your life? We can help relieve the back pain and help you have an active and happy life.
Most people who are suffering from back pain feel frustrated with the traditional medical treatment methods of surgery and medication. For most people with back pain, neither treatment options put an end to their suffering. Even though prescription painkillers offer immediate back pain relief, once the drugs have worn off, the back pain returns. As a result, most people suffering from back pain have a fear of being snared in an endless cycle of drug dependence. Back surgery is also very risky and in fact it aggravates the back pain of some patients. Chiropractor Burlington can help you get rid of your back pain without having to experience any of the above problems.
How Chiropractor Helps Back Pain
Our chiropractor will first identify the cause of your back pain and then examine you for a few signs that include but aren’t limited to:
i. Ability to perform daily activities such as working and bathing
ii. Regions of muscle tenderness and tightness
iii. Restriction in the overall movement of your spine
iv. Nerve and muscle function
Our chiropractor will then use the following treatment methods to treat your back pain:
i. Manual manipulation and spinal manipulation: This kind of manual manipulation refers to a high velocity, short lever arm thrust that’s applied to the abnormal vertebra with an aim of improving their functionality, restoring the range of motion in the back and reducing nerve irritability. It’s commonly known as “chiropractic adjustment”.
ii. Chiropractic mobilization: This refers to low velocity manipulation, stretching and movement of the joints and muscles, with the aim of increasing the range of motion of the affected areas.
Symptoms Of Back Pain
1. Symptoms of low back pain
The pain is usually localized in the lower back. It gets worse with sitting, standing, twisting and bending. If a nerve is irritated, the pain may extend into the leg or buttock on the affected side of your body, and numbness or muscle weakness may be present. Low back pain usually gets better with rest.
2. Symptoms of upper or middle back pain
This can occur anywhere from your neck’s base to the lowest part of your rib cage. This area of the body is known as the thoracic spine. Upper or middle back pain frequently causes a dull, sharp, or burning pain. Your muscles can also be stiff or tight. If you have an injured or trapped nerve in any area behind your rib cage, you might also feel pain in other areas, such as your chest, arms and legs.
Lower back pain is more common than upper and middle back pain because the bones of the lower back aren’t as flexible as those of the upper and middle back.More serious symptoms that are associated with back pain that require immediate medical attention include:
i. Difficulty in walking, moving or standing.
ii. Severe pain.
iii. Numbness in the rectal or genital area.
iv. Pain that is accompanied by unexplained weight loss, fever or other signs of illness.
v. Progressive weakness in a foot or leg.
vi. Difficulty with urination.
vii. Loss of bladder or bowel control.
viii. Pain that worsens or does not improve with rest may be a sign of a more serious medical condition.
Common Causes Of Back Pain
1. Straining or spraining of ligaments or muscles of the back.
2. Herniated disc
3. Degenerative disk disease, caused by arthritis or aging.
4. Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal in the lumbar area.
5. Spondylolisthesis: The slippage of a bone in the lower back.
6. Fracture of lower back bones due to osteoporosis and/or trauma.
7. Fibromyalgia: This is a medical condition that causes fatigue and muscle aches.
8. Ankylosing Spondylitis: This is a hereditary disorder that involves the spine.
In rare cases:
1. Malignant or benign tumors
2. Arterial problems such as an Aortic Aneurysm
It’s important that your doctor does a thorough medical evaluation so that he or she can correctly diagnose the cause of your back pain.
Tips To Help You Prevent Back Pain
1. Eat a balanced diet and maintain a healthy weight.
2. Exercise regularly.
3. Warm up and stretch before activities such as snow shoveling and gardening.
4. Use a side lying sleeping position on a medium firm mattress.
5. Avoid sedentary behaviors.
6. Wear comfortable, low heeled shoes.
7. Use proper posture.
8. When lifting objects off the ground, bend at the knees, and lift with your leg muscles. You should hold the object you are lifting close to your body and don’t bend your back.
9. Stop smoking, since it deprives spinal tissue of nutrients and oxygen.
If you are looking for a drug-free, non-surgical low back pain relief option or a chiropractor for sciatica back pain and other similar types of pain, then our clinic is the right choice for you. We have highly qualified and experienced chiropractors that have helped many people in getting rid of their back pain. We invite you to visit our clinic so that help you get rid of your back pain and give you more information on how you can prevent back pain, so that you can live a longer, healthier, happier life.…